Saturday, August 14, 2010

OK...so I don't mean to have a pity party here....but well, here I go!

I just am so worried! We have a tough couple months coming up...RJ will be doing his student teaching, which is so great for him to be nearly graduated. He'll be SO good at it, and I really think he'll enjoy it. But...it's basically like working full-time without getting paid. I lived off a student loan when I did mine. Rough times.

And...so he'll be working a second job, and I'll be working 2 jobs as well too. It will be the first time we have to have Will cared for during the day. We've found a lady I feel really good about, and she lives right by my school...but it will still be rough on us. I can't promise there won't be tears.

And... a few other little things.

I know we're doing what we should, and I know things will work out...the big stuff and the little stuff....I hate to complain. I really think so much of life is how we choose to see it.

SO...I'm allowing myself this ONE chance to complain and stress....then I'm going to remember what my good friend Jenny Grant told me once, "You just do what you have to do." If what we have to do is all of this, then we'll do it. And we'll be happy about it too! (I hope!)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! It was so great to see you tonight. I know this feeling... and it is SO HARD! Thanks for always being positive, you are the BEST! Good luck in the next few days. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys will get through this just fabulously, I know it. Of course things may be hard and there will be adjustments, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you will do great in the new adventures that are approaching. Nobody ever said that parenting or student teaching were easy, but I have a feeling that you and RJ will do great. Good Luck and it will be over before you even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I echo Barbara, you'll get through it fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone can do it, it would be you!! I'm sure that it will be hard, and tears are only natural BUT with great risks (or trials) come great rewards!! And remember that you have an old boss in Nibley with 2 crazy boys who would love to spend some time with a cute baby boy anytime you need an extra help or a date with your husband!!

    ReplyDelete