Monday, August 23, 2010

Mr. Husband Cox vs. Mr. 4th Grade Cox

So...RJ's brother Greg teaches 4th grade at Ellis (where I teach).

After hearing THREE of my students say, "Teacher, there's your husband!" while pointing to Greg, I decided we needed to have a little talk... I figured I'd be quite the scandal when parents start thinking my husband works there....but then see me with Will and RJ....drama!

So we sat down on the rug and I drew a little diagram. We had a talk about who each "Mr. Cox" is (they deemed "Mr. Husband Cox" and "Mr. 4th Grade Cox" as the new names). We had a talk about what "brother-in-law" means...a little over their heads.

So ensued my stick figure drawing:

Notice RJ holding a computer (of course you can tell that from my art...ha), my weird 50's flip hair, little baby Will next to RJ's foot, and the big red heart...because we're in L-O-V-E! Then there's Mr. 4th Grade Cox over there with the crazy smile (wait...I just noticed that RJ didn't even get a face!) and a pencil...because every teacher holds a pencil all day!

Must have worked...haven't had the husband misunderstanding since!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is really great that it was important enough to get some class rug time. I am sure that with the pictures and the descriptions that you cleared everything up. Hey if it makes you feel any better my kids still don't quite grasp the in-law topic either.

    ReplyDelete