Friday, September 18, 2009

This Generation....

I've had a few eye openers lately about how tuned in to technology my students are, despite their young age.

Yesterday we were doing a fact and opinion game...and one of the questions asked if it was a fact or an opinion that Abraham Lincoln's birthday is on February 12. The kids decided it was a fact, and I asked if we wanted to prove it where we could look. I was looking for an answer like....our social studies text, the library, the calendar....but I got from about 5 kids: "Google!"

And it's true...we all would just check Google!

Speaking of the technology that is around and changes so fast...check out this cool YouTube video. (I know, I know...I'm totally not a fan of posted videos on blogs...but if you have the time, it's worth it. I think.)

1 comment:

  1. I admit, I totally thought Google too for your Lincoln question. Love that video. Thanks for making an exception and posting it :)

    ReplyDelete