Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Shower!

Ok first of all...just noticed that this is post number 201! Wow...

Last weekend we had a baby shower dinner in Salt Lake given by my sweet Aunt Sue for my side of the family. It was so nice to get together- they do a monthly dinner, but we can rarely make it because of the drive. Anyway, it was wonderful-- she made a delicious baked ziti dinner and we all had a great time.

OK I know this is a random picture...but isn't my aunt's house pretty? And look at all of our nice family that came...so fun!


LOVE this monster doll...the colors look great in the baby room, on the brown glider. And love the eye and mouth...

Look at all the great stuff we got...clothes, a sweet diaper tote, and lots of goodies.

My cousin and her husband got us this cute beanie set with booties and mittens...can't wait to see baby in them!


We're so excited for all these books...the classics. I LOVE Mary Engelbreit art, so I'm especially excited for the Mother Goose and Nursery Rhymes books. And every child needs Dr. Suess!


My mom made this sweet plate to hang on the wall with the classic "Children Learn What They Live..." My mom always gives very thoughtful gifts that we'll enjoy for years to come and that mean so much.

My sweet brother Paul made this piggy bank for baby....let the college savings begin!



Love his sweet message on the bottom...It's weird for me because my brother is 9 years younger than me, so I feel like he should still be a baby himself. I can't believe we're all old enough to be aunts and uncles...time flies...

Ha...we all loved this gift! My brother Nick and his girlfriend Jessica gave their new nephew a leather jacket, matching leather boots, and a rockstar blanket! This is going to be one hip baby!

My aunt is SO talented and made this beautiful blanket. It's a cream color and has these sheep all over it. It's so amazing, I'm nervous to even use it. It's folded and safe in the dresser for now...too nervous to let the cats get their claws near it or let baby spit up on it. Maybe it can come out for pictures and special events...maybe....or maybe it'll go in a frame. It's seriously gorgeous...

It was a great night, and we really are so thankful for such generous family. We have been given so many wonderful things- from the necessities to the fun extras that we'd never be able to afford on our own. Just can't wait for baby to get here to enjoy it all!

4 comments:

  1. Ok so you seriously have so many cute things. There is nothing left to get you! Can't wait for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! What in the world do you still need? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids need an Uncle Nick. That leather jacket is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gwen was sitting by me as I was reading through this post and she liked all the gifts as well, but the little monster was her favorite, she said "look it only has one eye" then put her hand over one of her eyes. so I asked her if she could see better that way and she said "yeah, lots"
    Hmm well that is funny I guess maybe one of her eyes doesn't work.

    What a cute little way to celebrate with just your family. It is nice to know that you have everything taken care of before the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete