Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm thankful for...

I know we're all thankful for the usuals...food, clothing, shelter, friends, family, etc.....
SO...I'm going to try to think of some unusual things that I am thankful for....

  • Sweet, innocent children to remind me of all I have. A student came up to me on Tuesday and said, "Teacher, my family wasn't going to make a Thanksgiving dinner because we don't have enough money. But then the school came and brought us a turkey and all the other stuff so we can make dinner now!"
  • Insurance...my mom just had neck surgery, and had to stay in the hospital overnight. Just to USE the OR and the room...no medicine, no iv, no nurse, no doctor...it was $26,000 before insurance....yikes.
  • RJ's faith to help me figure mine out!
  • My mom...she'll ALWAYS answer the phone, no matter what time, and listen to me. And she's pen pals with lots of kids in my class. Plus she keeps our whole house running at home...when she's sick the place just falls apart!
  • When my dad calls just to say hi.
  • How my brothers both say I love you to me before they hang up...even if they're at work or with friends...
  • RJ's family...they've always been so kind and accepting of me. His mom and dad always ask how work was, etc. Morgan is always so fun, and willing to come help me in my classroom....plus she's really good at making caramels! His siblings have always been so nice....Sara is always fun to go to movies with or shopping...and she teaches me how to be more domestic with knitting and other crafty things!
  • I'll be honest...Starbucks and Diet Coke...sometimes they just keep you going!
  • College...not only do I love my job because of my degree, but I have such great memories and such great friends!
  • RJ...ok, I know everyone's thankful for their spouse, but he always makes me laugh and is always nice...
  • Addicting tv shows....Grey's Anatomy, S & TC, The Office...
I'm sure I'm thankful for more....I'm too full from yesterday to think! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Katie and miss you tons! I love your list of things you're thankful for. I'm thankful that we were roommates. We had some good times and I learned a lot from you, not only because you were one of my corrupters;) but about life and people. I think you always remember your freshman year and I'm glad you were part of my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah, I kind of expected my own bullet point. lol! I will be down on the 14th and still haven't seen Twilight so you and Morgan better plan on watching it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete