Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Last weekend was so fun...I went home to Salt Lake for my book club. It was so fun to get together with a bunch of girls and chat. Then I stayed at my parents' house for the weekend. It was so fun....here's the weekend in pictures....
Things I love about going home....

Seeing my sweet mom. This is an old picture of us, but I just love her. We had so much fun shopping the day away....We spent 4 or 5 hours in Tai Pan...so fun! I love that we always have PLENTY to talk about and do everytime we're together. I have a secret plan to convince my parents to move closer....like, next door maybe!


My mom is the most empathetic, kind person ever. When I got home, a bed was all set up for me with this card, a flower, and chocolates.


This kid. Love him. I wished, hoped, and prayed for a little brother or sister for years before he got here. He is 9 years younger, so the poor kid had like 4 parents between my mom, dad, my brother, and me! He's SUCH a good kid-so kind, so creative, so intelligent. We used to be SO close when we were younger, and I will always secretly regret moving even a little far away because I think it caused us to lose touch a bit. I love him dearly and admire him. As you can tell, he wasn't super into getting his picture taken!
Getting increasingly annoyed as I try to finagle a good picture and he smiles...while still watching TV!
And he gives up all together!



These beautiful flowers! My mom is growing, well, everything. But this HUGE sunflower is among the garden. Of course, it's long since bloomed...but the seeds inside look super cool.

Body World!
It was so cool...my mom and brothers and I went....it was fascinating. It took a couple hours to go all the way through. My favorite part was the fetuses (is that a word?). They had from 5 weeks from conception-32 weeks old. It was so interesting to see. The one that really got me was the 9 weeks from conception fetus. It was like the size of my thumbnail, and it still had fingers and toes. Wow.

Anyway, great trip home. I miss Salt Lake. I love turning on Beck Street on seeing the view of the city...I feel so "home." Cheesy, I know. I sure am happy in little Logan, but I do love Salt Lake!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like going home to a place that you love, even if it has been awhile, or if it is just a few minutes away.

    Your family sounds so sweet, does your mom still have a wide array of animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said about your mom being so kind and how she left you a little treat. You are following in your mother's footsteps. You used to always leave me little notes for the littlest things. One of them was for me going to the store with you. I loved them all and I still have most of them.

    ReplyDelete