Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our First Anniversary!






We decided before we were married that we would go on a trip every year when school gets out, just us two. Then once we have kids, we'll go on a family trip too each summer. For anniversaries, we decided to trade years planning the destination. So, this year, I took charge! I wanted to go somewhere super cool....Hawaii? Figi? Bahamas? Cozumel?

Yeah, we ended up in Lava Hot Springs! Haha, super exotic, I know! We figured we'll work up to the fancier destinations!



So, it was a surprise...R.J. fell asleep on the drive and woke up in the middle-of-nowhere, Idaho...he was so confused! Anyway, we had a lot of fun...neither of us had ever been there. We ate at a yummy steakhouse, and stayed in a cute bed and breakfast.....it was a fun, quick little trip for us. Sorry, no pics, I forgot my camera!





But...when we got home we ate our cake from our wedding. Ok, has anyone had luck with this cute little tradition?! Ours was disgusting and soggy! We had it in an airtight rubbermaid container...apparently not such a good idea! Oh well, still fun!

5 comments:

  1. We have those "You Are Special" plates, too! They're so great. Congrats on your first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Lava hot springs, now there is a place that I haven't heard mention of in a while. I am so glad that you were able to get away for a little fun in Idaho.

    Sorry about the cake, soggy cake doesn't sound yummy at all. But it still looked pretty.
    I hope that you had a great anniversary, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom had those exact plates when I was growing up. I remember it being so exciting when they came out for each of our birthdays. Oh the memories....

    1st Anniversary is so exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cake didn't make it to our first anniversary. Actually, I don't know if it made it past the first week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe that it has already been a year! Steve and I also decided to do the trip thing...also not exotic, usually Salt Lake, but it doesn't matter you always have a good time because you are spending time with the one you love...who needs exotic anyway? Sorry the cake was soggy, ours is still out in the garage freezer, scary!!

    ReplyDelete