Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Inspiring...

So I know I have blogged a few times about rough times at Cafe Sabor...but tonight I had the nicest man at my table. '

As he was leaving, I said, "Goodbye sir, have a nice night!" and he said, "You have a nice night too. And many more nice nights. Whenever someone says to have a nice night, I tell them to have many more nice nights too. Because we should all make the choice to have nice days and nights!"

I just thought this was so nice...because really, no matter what happens each day, we really all should just choose to have a nice day and night anyway!

He told me he was over 70 years old and that he has never missed a day of work in 23 years because he never gets sick, and he attributes that to his good attitude. He was so sweet, and said that he made a goal when he was 4 years old to live to be the oldest person alive! Anyway, I just thought it was refreshing to have someone so cheery and kind!

5 comments:

  1. wow, i'm glad you had someone inspiring sitting at your table tonight. i was fortunate enough to have ladies yelling for me across the front room. that's always my luck though! yay for blogging being friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old people. Especially when they pass on wisdom, even if you don't ask. And I mean that in a good way, a person always needs to learn and grow and its nice when someone older shares bits and pieces along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love genuinely nice people, it is refreshing to have those experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Little old happy people are terrifice. How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! I hope he comes back again to see you.

    ReplyDelete