Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why my husband is super cool....




Yesterday was RJ's birthday...the big 3-0! So...in honor of my super sweet husband....

1. He is working full time while also going to school online. I really admire his willpower, dedication, and intelligence to continue school to be able to achieve the career he wants.

2. The other day, I left my laundry in the dryer. Instead of pulling it out in a big wrinkled pile, he carefully draped each item over the ledge to be wrinkle-free and therefore iron-free and therefore getting a very happy wife when she got home!

3. When I go to work at Sabor, he cleans the house.

4. He texts me often with little random updates about what he's doing. And always ends with "I love you."

5. I can hear him talking to the pets when he's with them in the other room...it's sweet.

6. When he goes out of the room for anything, he always asks if I need anything...I'm no marriage expert, but I think that's the kind of stuff that keeps marriages going, doing the little day-to-day nice stuff. It doesn't have to be anything big, just little nice stuff that makes a difference.

7. The way he treats the kids at school...he's always so kind and fun. He talks to them respectfully.

8. I get really hyper often and do some ridiculous dancing and singing...and he still likes me anyway!

9. He works so hard at our house to keep it clean and nice.

10. Whenever he rolls over in the middle of the night, he rubs my back.

11. We have a rule that we always say "I love you" when we leave each other or go to sleep. We haven't failed even once.

12. This is getting cheesy....so I'll throw in how much fun we have being goofy and making fun of each other...in a good way!

13. We can be competitive when we need to be...we have a fierce ongoing battle in the card game Speed.

14. How often he surprises me with a diet coke or a treat at school.

15. How I know he'll do anything for me, always!

So....we had a blast celebrating his 30th birthday! I'll post some birthday pics soon (I forgot my camera!). I love my fun husband so much and am so glad we had such a fun day celebrating!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay! That is too sweet. Sounds like you've got a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute! He sounds so thoughtful! My hubbers just turned 30, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for birthdays! What a fun day for you two. I just think you guys are great together. Totally going to miss you at summer school, but I am excited you guys get a good long break ;) Only three weeks left! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you got a great guy, but WOW! I think I am going to have my hubby read it so hopefully he'll learn a thing or two. (j/k) We guys are so cute together and I honestly couldn't be happier for you. (isn't it great to be married to a 30 year old, so you can tease them about how much younger you are? I love it!) I miss you friend!!

    ReplyDelete