Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And last night's game gets even better!



Ok I was a Jazz fan before, and being married to my sweet husband who is a crazed fan makes me like a fan ten times over....but.... I'm now an even bigger fan of the Jazz, well, and State Farm Insurance! This is why...


Earlier this year I wrote a grant for $200 for early chapter books for my classroom. Every time the Jazz win, they award a grant. And courtesy of last night's win, I am the proud winner of $200 to use to order some super sweet books! Yay!


Furthermore, I (along with every other female in Utah I'm sure...) have a mundo huge crush on Kyle Korver. Like, I affectionately call him "my boyfriend". My husband reminds me often that I'm married. Since he basically shot a sweet shot to seal the deal last night, I'd like to attribute my $200 winnings to my boyfriend's love for me, and for small third grade children who need reading material! So, boyfriend, thank you! (Oh, and thanks to the rest of the Jazz, and State Farm too...) Room 12 has one very happy teacher and 20 very happy third graders!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Katie,
    I'm so glad you found my blog. You are so darling and it's so great to see what you have been up to. I am excited to keep in touch through blogging.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats on the grant. just another reason to love Korver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK! That is the greatest news! I am so impressed and very happy for you and your class. Hope you are surviving these last few weeks of school. AHHHH! The kids can't stop talking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...I send you an invite so I hope you get it! See you soon! Go Jazz!!! Horse is on next week fyi!

    ReplyDelete