Sunday, April 13, 2008

Like 10th post today....

OK....so it's kindof a lazy Sunday and I have lots of posting to make up for! I just thought of a funny story from last time I was home. So, my sweet brother just turned 16 and is learning to drive. Good times! I thought I'd be the "cool" sister and took him out driving in a manual transmission car. First of all, my dad said, "He's pretty good at driving a stick, just needs some practice." So, imagine my surprise when we got in the car and this happened....

Me: "Put your feet on the clutch and brake..."
Him: "Which one's the clutch?" YIKES.

Then, later...

Me: "Ok, put it in neutral..."
Him: "Is that the one with the 'R'?" YIKES.

Anyway, he did really well once we got those basics down! I just thought it was totally funny and it brought me back to my days of learning to drive...which was... ten years ago! Weird. I still remember saying, "Mom, can we go driving again?" and she said, completely seriously, "No, my whiplash hasn't recovered yet." Whew. Good times being 16.

6 comments:

  1. I crashed someone elses car when I was sixteen, I thought I was so cool driving clutch until I got to that hill! It's so exciting you have a blog so I can see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny.... Love it!! I am so glad to hear that there are families other than mine that make all of their 16 year old kids learn how to drive stick. It was scary at times, but I am glad I know how :) I always love your stories. Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love going driving with younger siblings. I taught (or tried) to teach my sister how to drive stick, and again with my brother. Good times indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could teach me how to drive a stick. I still can't and I think Bevin has given up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made comments in each post so make sure you check them all. I hope you can come to dinner Sat. And maybe a movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe he is 16! And boy- does this post bring back memories! Remember "You Got That Somethin'?" Ah, high school. Too bad I reached my peak maturity then too....

    ReplyDelete