Wednesday, December 28, 2011

GOOD Business!

I've been so worked up lately about getting less-than-stellar customer service...I figured it was time to tell of some local businesses that offer amazing service.

First....
Lynn's Audio Video
...a local electronics store.

Back in college, I drove the car that I've adored more than any other. My beloved red VW Beetle. Man, I miss that car. But...it definitely had its flukes. Like the time I rolled the window down and it got stuck. So I had to drive all the way Salt Lake on a windy, cold day. There are very few places that can fix foreign cars.

Anyway, one of those flukes is that the stereo quit working. Just wouldn't turn on at all. I took it into the dealership, where they told me I needed a whole new stereo. It'd be hundreds of dollars, because it was a specialized Volkswagen stereo, of course.

On a whim, I thought I'd might as well get a second opinion...or at least see if I could buy a cheaper stereo and somehow make it work with the VW system. So, to Lynn's Audio Video I went. The stereo guy took a look at it and said, "Ok, I know this is totally weird. But just last week I had a Volkswagen in with the same problem...and we noticed this 'secret' little fuse behind the stereo, not with the other fuses. I replaced that and it worked." He said he could replace that and see if it worked, if I was willing to buy the $3 fuse regardless of if it worked or not. Worth a shot, right? He replaced it, and IT WORKED!

My mom called the dealership and spoke to the man who quoted me hundreds for a whole new stereo. He was completely rude and said there's no way that was possible. She assured him that the sales guy was surprised as well, but that it had in fact worked. He again said there's no way and told my mom flat out that she was lying. (ha, maybe this is a tale of bad customer service after all!)

I was (and still am) impressed that Lynn's would offer this solution, at virtually no profit to them. The sales guy could have so very easily told me I needed a new system and made some commission. I so appreciated the honesty. I don't know if the VW dealership actually knew about the problem or not, but either way, they could have definitely had a better reaction. Even if they were completely humoring us, a simple friendly response would have sufficed.

So...if you are in Logan and in need of any audio/video equipment, I can recommend Lynn's for their honest service!

1 comment: