Friday, December 16, 2011

Break Your Heart

In my class, we're working on autobiographies. A hilarious post is coming with all the gems from this adventure. But I felt like this one deserved its own post.

Because if this doesn't break your heart right in half and make you want to take a family under your wing for a Sub-for-Santa kind of thing, well....I don't know what will. Maybe it helps to know this little girl, but man is she a sweet little thing.

Here's an excerpt:

"My mom works. She still gets paid, but we have lots of bills. So we do not buy things that much. It's really hard for us. I am not poor, but I am a little okay. But not that much okay. My dad works really hard. When he gets home he's tired because he works really, really, really, really hard."

The part that gets me is, "I'm a little okay. But not that much okay." For an 8 year old to be aware of this and to feel "not that much okay" about it. Breaking right in half. Bless her.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad. Is it too late to do something for their family? I would chip in!

    ReplyDelete