Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So Will and I went to Einstein's to grab lunch on Saturday. When we walked in, there was a mom and her two adult children eating. We made eye contact and smiled. The mom looked familiar, and must have been thinking the same thing, because she said hi.

A few minutes later, we got back in our car. After putting Will in, I got in the car and fiddled with my phone for a second.

Suddenly the passenger door opened and the mom of the ladies was standing there. She was digging through her purse, then started to get in as she finally looked up. I awkwardly said, "Hi....." she looked up and was beyond embarrassed! We both just started laughing. She said, "Oh I just KNOW my daughters are over there laughing their heads off that I just got in the wrong car!!!" yep, her daughters, two cars over, in a similar silver suv, were laughing and waving!

Good laugh for the day....totally something I would do!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That reminds me of a time that some lady was trying to get into our van after church one Sunday. We totally had the same van. It was pretty funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in grade school, my friend's mom was taking me home. We stopped off at the post office and my friend and I were in the back of the car while her mom ran in. A few minutes later, a random guy in his 30s got in the car. We were TERRIFIED and couldn't make a sound. Then he looked in the back seat, realized it wasn't his car and I've never seen a man jump out of a car so fast! Um...oops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! That poor man....anyone watching must have thought he was such a creepo!

    ReplyDelete