Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Orders

I'll be honest...I LOVE ordering books from Scholastic book orders. Always have. I loved book order day. I'd circle all my top picks, my mom would do the final selection and write the check...and I'd wait anxiously to see them on my desk.

Still love it.

Only now I order a ton more for my classroom. So I got thinking....where would I get good, cheap books if I wasn't a teacher (and didn't have kids in school)? Then I got thinking some more (it's a rare event!), and thought maybe others are interested in ordering too. And if so....every time someone orders from my class site, my classroom gets a free book! And, well, many of my students don't own any books at home (SAD!), so what I have is what they have daily access to. Thus, I'm continually building up my classroom library.

They have books from $1 (good ones!), and I love the seasonal picks for Will. I've included all age level book orders...so from toddler-middle school.

So, if you would like to order any books, go to:

www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
Class Activation Code: GQVLJ


If you order, they will ship to my classroom and I will let you know they are here. Then I can either deliver or you can swing by and grab them. Also, you can pay online. Just click on the "parent" section and put your name as the kid, so I'll know who you are....This time, the deadline is Monday, Sept. 12. But, I'll post each month when I'm doing an order. So if you can't do it this time, there will be other times!

I feel sales-pitch-y, but I promise I have nothing to gain other than books for 22 sweet third graders. So, consider this your community service by providing books to adorable, witty, bright kids....there, two birds with one stone!

5 comments:

  1. Goodreads.com does a pretty good amount of kid's book giveaways too, if you want to try for the occasional free book. I've won about 13 books over the last year, so I've pretty much become a walking infomercial. :-) (not to mention most of book club is already there!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all over this! When your classroom gets a book, is it based on how much I order or how often?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Barb! I've seriously STOCKED Will up on good books by buying from book orders. He had loads of books before he was even born! My class gets a free book each time you order....so whether you order 1 book or 50 books in one order, my class gets one. And although they would ship to my classroom, I come to SLC often and will totally deliver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still get giddy when Porter brings book orders home! It's too bad I can't get all the books I want for him and Cameron. John would kill me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie, I saw your blog post and I have 7 nieces and nephews with Christmas coming up. 5 of them are under 5 years old, so since I have no experience in this at all do you have any recommendations? I would love to buy books for them and can meet up where ever in Salt Lake if that works?

    ReplyDelete