Sunday, February 24, 2008

Things I LOVE....

  • A BIG diet coke...lots of ice, no lime, no lemon.
  • BIG, chubby sugar cookies (I made some delicious ones today...)
  • That the first two things are food items..haha
  • When Dizzy is really sleepy and gets really cuddly
  • When Rocky and Dizzy are really playful and crazy-I can only hope our kids are as good of friends!
  • How RJ hugs me and gives me a kiss everytime we see each other
  • The kids at school- this week one said, "Oh great, another pimple! while rubbing his chin!
  • How my mom always sounds so excited to talk to me, even if we have just barely talked
  • How no matter how late it is when I call, my mom and I can talk for hours
  • How my mom and I say goodbye like 8 times, then think of something else to say, before we actually say goodbye and hang up!
  • Hummus platters at Rooster's in Ogden
  • Parents who enable their children to develop social skills-i.e. when a child orders his/her own food at Sabor, I'm so impressed. So many parents order for their kids-this totally limits their chance for developing skills!
  • Cadbury Mini-Eggs! YUM! Good thing they only make them once a year...
  • A BIG box of those little clementine oranges
  • Nice people...the type who smile and say hi when you pass them, even strangers.
  • Nice drivers....the type that when you accidentally turn out in front of them, they choose not to honk and flip you off!
  • A good sale...I need some good guilt-free shopping!
  • When RJ pulls me close and hugs me in the middle of the night...he never remembers in the morning, which I think is actually better because it means it's instinctual!
  • Accomplishment! When I get done all I wanted to get done! SUCH a good feeling!
  • A closet of clean clothes...laundry all folded and DONE!..for a few days at least....
  • Grey's Anatomy DVDs...I live by them!
  • P.S. I Love You...we all should remember to love the ones we love before they are gone.
  • Beef jerky...and mostly the memories of making it with my grandpa
  • How I heard a kindergartener call RJ "Mr. Hawks" the other day!
  • When my students from last year come back to visit and tell me about little things in their lives....baseball games, sicknesses, test scores, book recommendations, all of it!
  • Using good coupons! Even if it's only 50 cents, it feels good! haha
  • My sweet brothers
  • When my dad just calls....no reason...just to chat
  • Good trashy magazines, like Glamour, Cosmo, etc.
  • Bubble baths! It's become a nightly ritual lately!
  • My i-pod. Good stuff.
  • The Office
  • Dwight
  • Lost
  • Jack
  • Kyle Korver....whew...
  • Exciting Jazz games
  • Having a surprise for RJ
  • Doing something nice for someone who will never find out...
  • Long lists....that just keep going.....
  • The pool in the summer
  • with my ipod
  • and my diet coke
  • and magazines
  • and lots of time to relax!
  • Good kids' books....picture ones, chapter books....Ramona, Matilda....
  • Texting
  • When my cousin has good gossip for me!
  • Seeing a text from Lex...I miss her! Salt Lake is too far....
  • The good old days at Chi Omega...college is so fun.
  • Emigration Market
  • Making a good, healthy lunch for RJ and me...it makes me feel like a good wife
  • Making a good, healthy dinner for us too!
  • Crawling into bed at night....best part of the day!
  • The talks RJ and I have before we fall asleep...from anything about the day, to religion, to families, to goals, to future kid names...anything.
  • Walking with Dizzy...although this will be SO MUCH BETTER when it's about 40 degrees warmer outside!
  • Talking to my grandma and grandpa, Papa and Birdie
  • Birdie's cooking...all of it! Homemade noodles, cookies, cakes, pies....
  • The way Birdie would always let me eat the cookie dough
  • And the way she'd always let me slurp my noodles from chicken noodle soup
  • When the little email screen pops up at work telling me I have a new email from RJ
  • Playing Speed with RJ...we both get so into it!
  • Seeing RJ finish classes...I can't wait for him to graduate and teach...he'll be SO good at it.
  • Oreos. Anytime.
  • More diet coke.
  • Woody's wedding plans...fun!
  • Thinking about my wedding and honeymoon...what a fun time of life!
  • Dreaming about when we have kids...it's not something we're ready for yet, but we can't wait at the same time!
  • Tuna melts and oreo shakes from Village Inn
  • Almost anything from Cafe Sabor
  • Cuddling up and watching a movie
  • Going tanning....guilty pleasure!
  • Getting my hair done
  • Painting my toenails...bright colors!
  • New jeans
  • Having a new outfit that you're so excited to wear!
Ok ok....so this is forever long! And I'm sure no one read all the way to this point...but alas, my goal was accomplished, and I feel much better! Now I can get some stuff done!

5 comments:

  1. Great list. I am so sorry you guys didn't make it to SLC and we missed you. The cookies were delicious! We were fighting over them. And I totally understand how you feel. I miss my fam too. We should go down together sometime. It's good to have a good cry every once in a while. I do it way too much. I am way too emotional as you probably know. Anyway, sorry it's such a long comment, goes with the long list. Lets have a girls night soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp thing sounds fun, but I think we are going to Boise that weekend. Darn! Let's still do dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya on the diet coke! I love how the little things can make you so happy. Like reading cute lists on people's blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I read the whole thing. This list actually made me cry. I know that sounds nuts, but let me explain. I got teary eyed because your list made me realize how much I miss you. I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!! I miss so many things about you. (honestly I bet I could write a list as long as yours just about all the things I miss about you) I am SO happy for you and RJ! I am glad you found someone who treats you as well as you should be treated and I can't wait to see you next time we come to Utah. Keep up the blogs, I love reading them!

    Suker

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about folded over potato chips?

    ReplyDelete