Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm feeling thoughtful....

So I had kindof a gloomy day. Not bad, just gloomy. I have been excited ALL week to go home and see my family in Salt Lake. I haven't seen them since right after Christmas, and I miss them. I love love love RJ's family, but sometimes a gal just needs to see her own too, you know? Life's been kinda rough on me lately, school's just killing me! Anyway, so I was really looking forward to just being able to chill out, eat some delicious homemade food (I even called to request my favorite meal!). The point is...I was excited!

Then....we were heading there and got to the canyon. Not good. A blizzard. Since I am terrified of a bad car accident happening, we thought we'd better turn around. I immediately started crying! Now let me justify and say I am normally not a crier! But I was sure crying! Anyway, I cried all through telling my parents that we weren't going to make it. Then I was in one of those pathetic self-pitying moods when you need a good old fashioned cry! (All girls are familiar, yeah?) So, after my sweet husband hugged me, kissed me, cuddled with me...I went to sleep. I needed it!

I noticed in the paper today an article about the pastor who talks about the change you can make in your life if you quit complaining. Very moving. So... being in the thoughtful, reflective mood that I am in...I am going to make a list of things I DO like....so there, gloomy day! Take that!

I think I'll make it a new post....mostly because this one is getting so long.....

1 comment: