Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vocabulary?

So I've posted before about how I do a class points system in which the class earns letters as points which then spells the "word of the day" ...which is usually a vocabulary word from our curriculum.

They earn it letter by letter and love to guess the word, then define it. (I learned not to use "Associative Property"...let's just say the third, fourth, and fifth point came as a package deal on that one!)

Yesterday, the word was "conclusion" as we've been working on predicting, inferring, and drawing a conclusion.

The board had "CON" when a girl said, "Constipated?"...completely innocently. I chuckled and said, "No, that's not it...do you know what that word means?" She said no and was sheepishly embarrassed when I (briefly) explained!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: