Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Need a break....

from crying! Holy cow, I'm an emotional mess! I hope you new moms out there can relate...

I'm normally not a crier....but a few things struck me today. First of all, I'm in awe of my sweet little newborn. He is sleeping peacefully on my lap right now. His sweet little moan as he sleeps along with the peaceful look on his face is just....indescribable. Something about having a new life join your little family...wow. Powerful stuff.

A friend of a friend passed away awhile ago. I really don't know the story, so I don't feel qualified to describe it...but the dad of 6 girls passed away suddenly with a heart condition. RJ and I spent a lot of time talking about how hard this would be, and keeping this young family in our prayers. We felt compelled to donate to the family fund despite not knowing them. I know it sounds weird, but the story just got to us both...I think it's thinking about the shock of losing someone so quickly, and probably that we just had our first little guy...and we can't imagine what that mom and sweet little girls are going through. As I went to the bank today, the teller and I started chatting about the situation and she had a similar situation in her family. I just felt the strongest feelings as I left...I know I'm not a super religious person....but this along with other recent events has left me feeling like I need to be.

Another friend of mine lost her brother in a car accident last week. Whew. Life is just too short and scary. I just have been holding on to RJ and little Will with all my heart...knowing that every moment counts and time goes too fast.

There's my emotional post for a while...back to the cute pictures of Will soon, promise.

5 comments:

  1. Moments like these are strong reminders to hold onto your loved ones, I think you are feeling just what you should be. And those new mom hormones magnify every emotion so I can understand why you can't stop crying. I hope you can feel some peace after the crying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the losses that have touched your life recently. Yes, having a baby amplifies every emotion. They say you cry a lot when you're pregnant but I think I cry even more after the baby is born. Having a baby also makes you think deeper about God and religion and what you believe. How can you not believe there is a higher power after experiencing the miracle of having a baby? It also makes you realize you never want to be without them ever and what happens after this life. I pray that you find peace and answers that you are searching for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right on the same page with you, last night one of our friends lost her fight against cancer, it was a long road and she left behind three children the youngest being just 6. I think that one of the things I am most afraid of in life is to lose James, or one of the kids.

    It is heartbreaking to think that so many people do experience such loss, but at the same time find something to hang on to that keeps them going. You are right life it too short, but what a blessing it is to have our families. Cry away, I think that is a good way to get things out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to being a mom. I remember crying just looking at Carter. And the other night I started crying when I was trying to go to sleep cause I lay there thinking about things like that. A lady I knew growing up just passed away from H1N1. It is so hard not to worry about stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you; you and your big emotional heart :)

    ReplyDelete