Monday, March 3, 2008

Home in SLC




OK, so we finally made it to Salt Lake to see my family! It was so fun...and sunny, no snow...so there were no tears this time! haha. It's funny how Salt Lake isn't that far, but feels like it sometimes! It's so fun to see my family. It's so nice of them to be around and ready to hang out whenever we're there. I just happened to have my camera in my bag, so I took some RANDOM pictures! But, thought I'd post them! The first one is just funny because my little brother is so funny. He's 16, and has such quirky style. In this pic, he had just gotten home from snowboarding and was telling us about it. His outfit is just funny because he always wears bright colors that totally don't match! The second pic is weird, I know! But my mom is just so great! She got out her good china for us and set the table all up, even with a tablecloth and fresh flowers! When I was little the china was on the top shelf of the cupboards, and only came out for Thanksgiving and Christmas! She's so great- she made a HUGE roast dinner with appetizers, a BIG meal, and dessert! The last pic is also random but just cute. My older brother Nick is so sweet...he always does all the dishes. It was especially cute because he had already eaten, so he didn't even USE any of the dishes, yet still cleaned them all. He's a great guy....I can't wait until he gets married, that girl will be SO lucky. Anyway...long story short, we had a great time and I love seeing my family! We started looking through old pictures and artwork from when we were little....that always makes for a lot of laughs!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got to go to SLC. I also went to Ogden and Provo on Sun. and Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, your mom said I HAD to check out your blog--it made her cry (shocker!). You are so modern with your blogging. Like Kip says "I love technology...but not as much as you and me..."
    Anyway, I noticed we still have a few things in common. Diet Coke, The Office, Dwight (did you ever see the one where he cries because he thinks he's Regional Manager?), loving your mom--she is the only person I can call and ask, "who sang My Maria?" and feel perfectly normal doing it, kids talking about silly little things that have so much meaning just because they are telling me, Emi Market!
    Well just wanted to post a comment so I can say I blog. You are cute. Don't ever change. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what Kates? I think I am blogging! I love your blog- of course I cried- that's what I do. I love the pics- I didn't know you brought your camera to SL! Nick did all my dishes last night, too! I love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for coming home! I know how it is to try to get back to salt lake even though it isn't far...but I was stuck in the black hole that was provo at the time so it seemed even farther away than it really is.

    ReplyDelete